Posts tagged ‘lamannia’
Did you cringe when we lampooned beta access in DDOcast 287? Did you find yourself saying, “Well Actually…”? Looks like our little inside joke got some responses and questions. Well folks, here’s your answer!
How does that work? Its programming MAGIC! Just kidding! Well actually, and according to our friend from Premium Perspective, Ecgric, whenever free or premium players get onto the Lamannia server, they only have access to the content that they have purchased. Anyone that has not purchased the expansion by the time turbine starts the beta preview, you may not be able to access the content that comes with the expansion pack even though they will have access to the Lamannia server. So just download the Lamannia client here and get ready for the Shadowfell expansion beta! Here’s all the info you need on how to access Lamannia:
- Download the Lamannia Client (right click and save as)
- Read the Official Lamannia FAQ
- See what’s happening on the Beta server on the Lamannia DDO forums
- Copy over your Live DDO character to Lamannia with the Character Copy Tool
- Learn more about how to Level a lowbie in minutes AND get the gear you need at the Test Dojo
So get ready to enter the treacherous new town of Wheloon, which is overrun by the Shadowfell! Any adventurers that have pre-purchased Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy prior to June 5th will be granted guaranteed beta access to the expansion content, as well as immediate access to the Shadow Of A Doubt quest, set in the brand new area of Wheloon.
When the king of Cormyr discovered that Wheloon was full of traitorous Shar worshippers, he walled off the prosperous trading town and made it into a massive prison, a chaotic hellhole where life is cheap and imprisoned criminals battle over control of the ruined streets. And now something even worse has come to the prison – the Shadowfell, a plane of darkness and despair filled with fell creatures commanded by a mighty empire.
Players will adventure through the twisting streets of Wheloon and climb up to its rooftops to explore the town from a completely different perspective. They’ll investigate hidden corners and dangerous interiors, and discover new creatures and treasure through Wheloon’s Random Encounter system. And through a serious of quests they will begin to unravel the secrets of the Shadowfell Conspiracy.
For more information on Shadowfell Conspiracy, the next expansion to Dungeons & Dragons Online, please visit http://www.ddo.com/en/shadowfell/
Tolero Explains Wheloon in the Latest DDO Community Video!
Join Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com/) and special guest David Beedy (aka Reebus the Rogue, Master of the Dulcet Tones, and DDO Top Ten) as we discuss DDO Gaming news, Enhancement comparisons, Community News, Raiding Basics, GenCon Events, DDOgamer.com news, latest DDO Top 10 List and other gaming goodness.
DDOcast LIVE! GenCon Event Details
- Event Title: DDOCast Live Show
- Event ID: ENT1346414
- Date: Friday, August 16th @ 4pm EDT (GMT -4)
- Location: At the Embassy Suites in Coronation 1
- Notes: Tickets are $2 (the minimum they offered), should be room for 50 people, event Registration opens on May 19, 2013
- More info at http://www.gencon.com/
Ryz’s Visual DDO Augment Guide
- Update 18 now on Lamannia
- DDO Character Copy
- New Forums are Up!
- DDO Website Updates Continue as of May 3rd
- DDO One Fund Memorial Ribbon
- DDO Store News
- Learn more about DDO Raids at DDOWiki
- Shgamgar’s Building Blocks 30
- Lusteen’s character misinterprets “Class Trees” in a new piece of fan art!
- DDO Chronicle now on DDO.com
- Noobz on IMDB
- Wizardry Online
This week on DDOcast join Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com/) and Patrick (aka Shamgar of Epic Ed @ http://shamgar.ddocast.com/) as we talk about the latest news in DDO including recent server updates, the latest Lamannia build for the new Enhancement re-vamp, and the latest on the updates for the DDO Forums. We also discuss at length Turbine’s latest issue on overcharging customers billing accounts and what we see as a need for a better communication practices and what’s the best way for a company to apologize to its customers.
- TenTonHammer.com: “Turbine DDO Billing Issue Overcharges Some Players”
- More down time: Wed, May 1, 2013
- Lamannia Week 3 Previews are now Up!
- DDO Store News
- An example of a good Apology from Trion’s Defiance Team
- OurDDO Website
- DDOgamer’s Interview with DDOWiki Editors
- Latest DDO Cocktail Hour
- Longshotist ponders the Epic Vault of Night
- Shamgar’s latest Bulding Blocks 29: Stats 5, Int
- Anne’s Ebay Store!
- Play some D&D Next and sign up for the Beta Test
This week Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) go over the latest DDO news for the game, community, and for the Lamannia test server news. We also announce our winners for our Turbine Point contest!
- Baudry’s Dark secret revealed! Kobolds Cause Lag!
- Week two of the Enhancement preview is now up
- SUPER long Downtime for game servers, forums, and accounts site: 8am to 1pm EST on Monday, April 22nd
- Beholderling in DDO Store
- DDO API System is here to STAY!
- Forum Upgrade Progress from Tolero!
- Official Lamannia Release notes for Enhancement Alpha and More
- Direct Link to Surveys for Lamannia Enhancements
- New Cosmetic System is up on Lamannia
- DDO Store News
- Finch_Bloomwhiffler talks about sneaking up on beholders
- Alvatar plays with memes and asks what character grumpy cat would play in DDO
Sig and Anne are back from vacation! Anguilla was great, Sun, Surf, And real underwater combat! Sig took a few points of light damage but mostly survived his encounter with the great burning sky orb. Happy to be home in the dark and wet kingdom of Seattle.
Sig & Anne with Geoff (www.ddogamer.com) we’ve got our usually bout of DDO news, chat about Update 16, and ponder the mysteries of the universe.
- Disappearing Glaciation Traits
- Shifting into Walls Bug
- Scoobmx’s Weapon Damage Tool
- NCSoft Layoffs in Seattle
- PAX EAST 2013 on March 22-24, 2013 in Boston, MA
- Gygax Magazine by Luke Gygax (Gary’s Son) and the new TSR
DDOcast is a weekly DDO podcast created by fans for fans! We discuss nearly everything related to Dungeons and Dragons Online – Eberron Unlimited.
Episode 246 is ready! Here’s a LINK to the episode – just left-click to play, right-click and ‘save as’ to download as an mp3. You can find DDOcast on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and Cyberears.com.
We’re back and on the mend from illness and injury! And we also sound like we’re in a cave! (we moved our recording to a different room, and are in the middle of working on sound quality, so thanks for bearing with us.)
This week Sig and Anne talk about the latest DDO news as well as chat about the latest release notes on Update 13 form Lamannia. We also have a special interview on Marcy Rockwell’s latest DDO novel, Skein of Shadows, the prequel for Update 13 and Menace of the Underdark. We then answer a few emails from our listeners!
This Episode’s music is QUEST FOR THE GOLDEN FROG by Professor Elemental from his 2010 album THE INDIFFERENCE ENGINE. Professor Elemental is a steampunk and chap hop musical artist. You can buy his albums at http://www.professorelemental.com/
DDOcast Episode 246 (02-11-12)
0:01:33 DDO News
0:08:34 Sponsor Break
0:09:26 U13 on Lamannia
0:35:52 Interview with Marcy Rockwell on Skein of Shadows
0:43:36 Whatcha been Doing?
0:47:07 DDO Community News
0:50:03 Lighting Post
1:00:52 General Gaming News
TOTAL TIME: 1:07:53
LINK for Update 13 now on Lamannia (for about two weeks now)
LINK for The Art of Lolth: Interview with Fred Fries
LINK for BUG: Cannot Repeat VON 5 + Work-Around Solution
LINK for BUG: Abbot 20th Raid End Reward Not Giving a Full Named Reward list
LINK for Omnispell Dust & Omnispell Stones
LINK for DDO Store Sales
LINK for Update 13 Release notes on Lamannia
LINK for Eberron Chronicle
LINK for Congratulations to Star on Argonessen for gaining Uber Completionist!
LINK for Wizards of the Coast is reprinting AD&D 1st edition
LINK for Monte Cook Looks for the Supernatural in Geek Seekers
LINK for EuroGamer.Net: “Turbine: Subscription Model is Still Kicking”
LINK Marcy Rockwell’s Website
LINK Marcy Rockwell’s Books on Amazon.com
No DDOcast this week!
This Week in DDO News
Update 12: Vaults of the ARtificers Officially Announced
Info on Update 12 was released today and officially titled Vaults of the Artificers! Update 12 will be coming soon to DDO live servers, but you can now preview it on the Lamannia servers.
Update 12 Summary here >>
Offical DDO U12 Annoucement >>
Update 12 Events on Lamannia: Oct 29th @ 12PM EST
We’re looking for players brave enough to face Challenges on Lamannia tomorrow, Saturday Oct 29th! Those who play the Challenges can receive treats for Lamannia and for their live characters too! Join myself and 404Error (And maybe other Devs) from 12:00 PM Eastern to- 4:00 PM Eastern as they hand out treats for good little adventurers!
Read more details at the DDO Lamannia Forums >>
Offical DDO U12 Announcement >>
Turbine’s 2011 Annual Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest!
It’s that time of year again: the weather turns colder, the leaves turn colorful, and spooky fun turns up everywhere. It also means it’s the perfect time for a pumpkin carving contest! Turbine is looking for the best pumpkins in the following categories:
- Asheron’s Call
- Dungeons & Dragons Online
- The Lord of the Rings Online
What you win for best DDO Pumpkin:
- 3000 Turbine Points for the DDO Store
- Custom Forum Title: “Dragonmark of Spooky (2010)
DDO Dev Team describe Update 12’s Challenge quests!
DDO Design Director Ian “MadFloyd” Currie, Web Content Developer Kyle “FordyTwo” Horner, Associate Content Designer “FlimsyFirewood”, Content Designer Phil “The Rocking Dead” Speer, Senior Community Specialist Amanda “Tolero” Grow and (the heroically-named) Content Designer Steve “Steelstar” Rogers chat about time travelers, new Challenges, ogre bathroom breaks and much more in the latest Developer Q&A!
Read the Full Interview here >>
Mabar Festival Now thru Nov 2nd!
You’ll know the festival is active when the sky above House Jorasco’s Airship Tower turns blood-red, and the undead take advantage of the endless night to roam freely through Delera’s Graveyard. The festival takes place primarily in the graveyard, so get your undead-slaying gear and make your way there! Everyone, including free players, can visit the public Graveyard even if they don’t own the Delera’s adventure pack!
Read More on the Mabar Festival here >>
Users reporting lag in the Mabar festival area and in the Spectral Dragon zone. MajMalphunktion responds: “My team does not create lag, and all I can do is report it.We are just one spoke in the wheel. The issue is more complex than ‘the dragon is out!!!’. We are working on it.”
Read & Comment on the Forums here >>
- Lavacaves: Colossal Crystals – Huuuuuge Crystals have been discovered deep within the volcanic caverns. Kobolds love shiny crystals and the Union has decided that they MUST have one of them! Go Go Go!
- Lavacaves: Time is Money – The Time Foreman is short on Crystals but has plenty of time to trade!How long can you last?
- Lavacaves: Circles of Power – The Kobold Mining Union has found a large amount of crystals deep inside a volcanic cavern! Filled with dangerous enemies, the Union needs your help. Additionally, Mysterious circles of unknown energies can be found throughout the caves… Maybe it is possible to harness their power!
- Extraplanar Mining: The Dragon’s Horde – The Kobold Mining Union is in need of your help once again! This time, they’ve chosen a new location to gather Crystals from…an Extraplanar Palace that the dragon Auraxyllon has created to store his wealth.
- Extraplanar Mining: Labor Shortage – Back inside Auraxyllon’s Palace, a new Foreman has taken over the Union. Time is short and Crystals are still needed to meet the quota! Every second counts!
- Extraplanar Mining: Buying Time – A grizzled old Commander Foreman is working with his crew on the Extraplanar Palace. Unfortunately, He is down to his last few workers and needs your help to fill his quota.
- When completing the Shroud, instead of a generic list of level-appropriate random gear, you will now get a selection of Shroud ingredients, which can include anything from small/medium/large ingredients to power cells, Shards of Power, and more!
- Extra chests will appear at the end of phase 5 on higher difficulty settings
- One additional chest will appear on hard difficulty
- Two additional chests will appear on elite
- Arraetrikos went on a diet, and now has fewer hitpoints on hard and elite.
Update 12 on Lamannia Highlights: Update to +3 Tome Drops
Unbound +1 and +2 tomes now drop at slightly lower levels. Unbound +3 tomes can now drop in regular (high level) treasure. (That release note means “You can get them in lower level dungeons than before”. We basically shifted everything down a bit.)
Read up on the status of +3 Tomes in game >>
DDO Store Sale Items now thru Nov 3rd
20% off Favored Soul, Anti-Mummy Elixirs, Mummy Rot Cures, and Lesser Anti Beholder Crystals and fast travel items. Also get a free sample of Draught of Midnight with cupon code T5VB8D
More on DDO Store Sales >>
DDO Community News
The Eberron Chronicle – Another week of community highlights for DDO
Crafting with Courtney – Howling Wearwolf – +1 Screaming Module of Bleeding
Ten Ton Hammer’s Update 12 – Vaults of the Artificers Hands-On Preview with Paiz & Glin
Massively’s Hands-on with Dungeons and Dragons Online’s Update 12: Vaults of the Artificers – Rubi Bayer goes over the highlights of Update 12
And of course…Happy Halloween!
KookieKobold, DDO Lamannia Coordinator
Lamannia is back online with the first portion of our U12 preview! Come take a look at a few of our new Challenges. Release notes and Known Issues will be posted shortly. (As soon as Tolero finishes sorting them out!)
The biggest update of the year brings a new era of magic! Home of the Artificers, House Cannith is a new high level quest hub where magic and mechanics converge. House Cannith includes a new public area, a new Cannith Crafting Hall, a premium adventure pack (free to VIPs) featuring a new wilderness area, 3 new dungeons, and 2 new high level raids (raids currently not available for preview on Lammania.) Born in war, forged in fury, Stormreach faces its most terrible foe yet!
- Adventure Area: The Cannith Manufactury – In the center of the House Cannith enclave lies the soaring Manufactury – a vast complex that demonstrates the technical mastery of House Cannith. Battle two invading forces as you explore the Manufactury’s offices, workshops, and research facilities.
- Quest: Schemes of the Enemy – Negotiate with different rebel factions, infiltrate the depths of the Cannith Manufactury, and deal with its devious devices. Plus, field-test one of House Cannith’s new weapons prototypes – as the target.
- Quest: Blown to Bits – How do you stop powerful invading forces from turning House Cannith’s warehouse full of constructs into his own personal army? Explosives. Lots and lots of explosives.
- Quest: Power Play – A powerful enemy has disabled the Cannith Crystals that House Cannith’s artificers draw upon. Can you restore arcane power to the Manufactury and defeat the deadly e