Posts tagged ‘Dungeons & Dragons Online News’
Its our first DDO Debate! Guests Geoff Hanna, Voodu Spyce, and Hauntingly battle it out debate style with questions about the Meta Game of DDO!
Have some additional thoughts? Did we miss something? Do you have ideas for round table discussions, tips to share, or questions you want to hear us debate? Leave us a comment!
Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, swag, archives, and more!
Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our website www.ddocast.com ! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.
- DDO Debates – 1:25
- Should DDO continue to be called dungeons and dragons considering all the rule changes? – 4:47
- Do we need to merge the servers? – 18:50
- Should we be concerned about repeated turbine layoffs/staffing changes? – 26:55
- What is the most exciting thing from the producers letter? – 36:31
- What do you most want to see in DDO this year? – 44:54
- Does DDO have a future or is it fading off into the sunset? – 51:19
- Do the holiday cookies need an update? – 56:51
- If there was going to be a DDO based movie, which actor/actress would be the star and what class would they represent? – 1:00:20
- News – 1:08:03
- Lightning Post – 1:45:55
- Closing – 1:48:23
- DDO Chronicle 125
- U24.1 Release Notes
- 2015 Players Council Application
- Weekly Wed 1/14/15
- Winter Fling 1/14/15
- DDO Players 15
- DDO Cocktail Hour 78
- Damsels of DDO 6
- DDO Central on Angelic Doctor Games
We talk about the State of the Game this week with a special line up of guests Propane, Voodu, Lessah and Steiner-Davion
Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, swag, archives, and more!
Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our website www.ddocast.com or you can send in game items to the character “ddocastone” on any server! We use such things to support the show and give out prizes.
- News – 0:00
- State of the Game: Introductions – 3:02
- Character Balance – 5:19
- Server Population – 11:13
- Player Base Divides – 16:02
- New Player Accessability – 20:18
- Raiding Scene – 23:20
- Reincarnation – 31:20
- Community – 33:01
- Bugs – 45:54
- Game Performance & Game Challenges – 50:50
- Looking Ahead – 1:01:10
- Lightning Post – 1:14:32
- Closing – 1:17:32
Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, swag, archives, and more! Want to find us in game? Type “/joinchannel ddocast” and chat in game with other ddocast listeners!
Please take a few moments to fill out our end of year survey and get entered into a drawing to win some free turbine points!
News – 5:02
Round Table – 33:51
WWBD – 1:36:03
Lightning Post – 1:36-56
Closing – 143:33
Host Patrick is joined by Jerry/Cordovan and Steiner-Davion for a discussion on several changes to the game over the years and some thoughts about where DDO is now and where we hope to see it go. We called it “the State of the Game!”
State of the Game: Changes of the Past – 26:30
State of the Game: Present and Future – 1:15:36
WWBD – 1:26:45
Mail – 1:29:43
Close – 1:33:13
Patrick and Sig have an epic hour plus long conversation on the new enhancement system. There’s also the usual game and community news and some talk about PAX! Okay I lied, this week was not shorter…
News – 1:30
PAX Review – 26:30
Enhancements: Classes – 31:30
Enhancements: Races – 1:30:10
Enhancements: Closing – 1:41:40
WWBD – 1:43:57
Lightning Post – 1:48:06
Closing – 1:49:40
Patrick is joined by Jerry (Cordovan) and we talk about update 19 patch 1, the playability of update 19, weapon selections, and how to be involved with DDOCast. Theres even a bonus of poetry!
I also learn how much content is too much to talk about in a 1 (ish) hour show…
News – 1:33 (DDOCast News – 35:00)
Round Table: Update 19 – 41:18
What We’ve Been Doin – 54:27
Tips & Tactics: Weapon Selections – 57:55
Lightning Post: Being a DDOCast Contributor – 1:24:26
Closing – 1:37:50
Update 19 Patch 1 Release Notes
Shamgar’s “Calculating Weapon Damage” blog series
EvenNote blogs on about the Storm Horn Mountains
Design your own settlement contest
AidanRyuko goes long jumping
OMG 300 episodes!!! Join Sig, Anne and Geoff for their final DDOcast as hosts! We play a bit of DDO Jeopardy, listen to some our favorite commercials, another episode of Dragon Fragments, we’re also joined in by Producer Glin and Tolero for a bit of Q&A!
Guild Give-Away Contest
One of our listeners and a good friend in Game is giving away his guild. The Darkstars decided they would Merge with The Madborn of Thelanis and offered their guild to give away for out 300th episode. They have a quality Airship stocked with amenities paid up for a month. They are a level 75 guild currently, though they may decay a it by the time we do the hand over.
- The Darkstars will transfer the guild to one of my characters and I will hand it over to the winner of the contest.
- Your guild will have a clear roster when you get it.
- You need to have a character on the Thelanis server to win
- You are encouraged to change the name of the guild once you have leadership but its not required
- You must compose a Limric or Hiku honoring the brave Darkstars to win
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will select a random winner by August 25th
Its Sig, Anne, and Geoff’s (www.ddogamer.com) Second to Last DDOcast Episode!! Patrick also joins in for the latest discussion of DDO news and updates! We also talk about tips and tricks for going to GenCon. Plus we answer a few emails.
- Service Update 08/12/2013: Recent Routing Issues
- Putting a feather in DDO’s Cap: Updates from Producer Rowan
- Shadar-kai Tattoo Contest Winners
- Guide to GenCon 2013
- GenCon 2013 Mobile Website Courtesy of BloodBowlDigital.com
- Deadlock’s updated Enhancement System PDF
- Large Address Awareness, a fix to defeating Memory Leaks
- Official Microsoft Process Monitor v3.05
- Last chance to Answer Patrick’s Survey for Turbine Points!
WTF! where’s 295 and 296? They’re right here! Give’em a listen:
Join Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com/) as we talk about this week’s DDO news, discuss what we’ve seen in the Storm Horns, chit-chat about our adventures in DDO, and talk about our latest RPG obsessions in the table top world: 13th Age and Numenera.
- Role Playing Days on Sarlona
- DDO Login Issue Updates
- DDO Crystal Cove Now Thru Aug 11th
- 13th Age
- Mountain hiking in DDO: Shadowfell Conspiracy’s Stormhorns
- Latest DDO Community video
We have another special DDOcast Treat! A reading of the DDO Fan Fic, The Bent Knife! This first Episode is a Pilot by Fwelcyr of Orien. If you enjoy this tale and would like to hear more, please send us your feedback at email@example.com We hope you enjoy the story!
Hey all! This is a special mid-week episode of DDOcast featuring Patrick – aka Shamgar – of Epic Education. This episode includes several compiled episodes including how to run epic versions of Plane of Night Raid, epic Chronoscope, and a Speed Shroud.
00:00:00 – Intro
00:00:59 – Plane of Night
00:18:57 – Chronoscope
00:57:43 – Speed Shroud
Links to Shamgar’s Epic Education Notes @ Shamgar.ddocast.com
- Epic Education Episode 6 & 7: The Plane of Night Part 1 & Part 2
- Epic Education Episode 8-11: Chronoscope Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 & Part 4
- Epic Education Episode 12: Speed Shroud
This week on DDOcast Sig, Anne and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) talk about the latest lamannia build (well, as much as we can since its in closed beta), the reports about Shadowfell Xpack from other gaming news sites, we also touch on some ddogamer.com news and ddocast news.
- Character Undeletes are Available Again!
- Press Tour Reports for Shadowfell Conspiracy XPack are out!
- Closed Beta continues on Lamannia, you can access here if you have permission
- MMO Reporter Network’s Preview of Shadowfell Xpack
- Help Shamgar in his new reign, read his open letter and answer his survey for some fre Turbine Points!
- DDO Chronicle 53
- Where to find RPG gaming news: ENWorld
Join Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) and Patrick as we go through the latest DDO news. We’ve also got some great segments from Epic Education on Caught on the Web, a Luedwig Bait H’oven Cryptic Message, followed up by Rheebus The Rogue who suddenly stabs like a knife in the dark with a DDO Top 10!
And this is the episode were Sigfried and I announce our departure and pass on DDOcast to its next True Reincarnation life with new host, Patrick Sherman! Not to worry we’ll be around as occasional hosts and to help Patrick out in his new role as DDOcast Host & Producer!
- Servers went down Monday this AM for Update 18 Patch 3
- Guild Renames are now Available Again!
- Lamannia Updated! Check your Emails Shadowfell Conspiracy Beta invites
- Enter DDO’s Shadar Kai Design Contest for your chance to win a custom skinned ORIGIN 800D computer!
- Deadlock’s Enhancement System PDF
- Vanshilar’s guide to the tile “Googles” puzzle in the Accursed Ascension
- DDO Chronicle 52
- Shadowfell Pics at Massively.com
- New Shadowfell Conspiracy Screen Shots Over at Ten Ton Hammer
- 20 Questions with the LOTRO Dev Team
This week on DDOcast Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) go over quite a bit of fun news on the latest update from Lamannia, including the latest Enhancment Revamp pass, stealth system changes, secret door changes, quest repetition changes and more! We also announce our winner of our Shadowfell X-Pack key, share a fun treat created by Geoff and get more tips on running Caught in the Web from Shamgar’s Epic Education.
- DDO Lamannia Update for Second Pass Enhancements
- DDO Quest Repetition Penalty on Lamannia
- DDO Stealth and AI Awareness Changes on Lamannia
- DDO Secret Door Changes on Lamannia
- DDO Store News Through July 4th
- DDOcast News: What Happened to the IRC Channel?
- Keavaa looks at improved Deception in her blog
- DDMsRealm has new walkthroughs for the Disciples of Shadow quests
- DDOgamer’s Spreadsheet of Collectibles in DDO!
Join DDOcast @ GenCon 2013!
- Game ID: ENT1346414
- Title: DDOCast Live Show (A Dungeons & Dragons online Podcast)
- Description: Join Anne, Sigfried, Geoff and friends as we celebrate our passion for DDO, Gaming, and the good things in life. Join in the podcast or just kick back and hang with friends.
- Start Date & Time: Friday at 4:00 PM
- Duration: 2 hours
- End Date & Time: Friday at 6:00 PM
- Location: Embassy Suites-Coronation 1
- LINK: https://www.gencon.com/events/46414
This week Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com), and Patrick (Shamgar’s Epic Ed) have a whopping two hours of DDO news, more talk about reincarnation, upcoming XP and enhancement changes, DDOGamer gets into collectibles, we get into reading letters sent in by listeners, DDO community events, and even a bit of good old D&D news.
- DDO Update 18 Patch 2 Release Notes
- Guild renown decay Summer Vacation
- Queset XP Changes Coming Soon! From Turbine Dev PurpleFooz
- Latest Update from Our Favorite QA Guy Major Malphunktion
- Trubine Dev SteelStar Has More on Enhancement changes
- DDO Store Sales thru June 27th
- DDOGamer Digest on DDO Collectible System
- Shamgar’s Heroic Commendations suggestions
- DDO Halfling Summer Games continues on Khyber
- More on DDO Hunger Games PvP event
- The Next Borderlands 2 DLC is like a D&D Campaign with Tiny Tina
- Neverwinter officially Launched on June 20th
- Retro D&D Video Games: Chronicles of Mystara: A faithful re-release, warts and all
- Forbes Interview with Mike Mearls “After A Year Playtesting A New Dungeons & Dragons, What’s Next?”
- The New Dungeons & Dragons Goes To Print In “Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle”
Its the True Reincarnation Episode! Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddocast.com) touch a bit on some DDO news and community happenings, but the meat of this podcast is about the latest announcement from Sr. Producer Erik Boyer (aka Producer Glin) on the proposed system for Epic TR, Iconic TR, and Heroic TR. We go over Glin’s announcement and follow up posts in detail, and responses from other Turbine Devs. We also read on player reactions for the new TR system.
Did you cringe when we lampooned beta access in DDOcast 287? Did you find yourself saying, “Well Actually…”? Looks like our little inside joke got some responses and questions. Well folks, here’s your answer!
How does that work? Its programming MAGIC! Just kidding! Well actually, and according to our friend from Premium Perspective, Ecgric, whenever free or premium players get onto the Lamannia server, they only have access to the content that they have purchased. Anyone that has not purchased the expansion by the time turbine starts the beta preview, you may not be able to access the content that comes with the expansion pack even though they will have access to the Lamannia server. So just download the Lamannia client here and get ready for the Shadowfell expansion beta! Here’s all the info you need on how to access Lamannia:
- Download the Lamannia Client (right click and save as)
- Read the Official Lamannia FAQ
- See what’s happening on the Beta server on the Lamannia DDO forums
- Copy over your Live DDO character to Lamannia with the Character Copy Tool
- Learn more about how to Level a lowbie in minutes AND get the gear you need at the Test Dojo
So get ready to enter the treacherous new town of Wheloon, which is overrun by the Shadowfell! Any adventurers that have pre-purchased Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy prior to June 5th will be granted guaranteed beta access to the expansion content, as well as immediate access to the Shadow Of A Doubt quest, set in the brand new area of Wheloon.
When the king of Cormyr discovered that Wheloon was full of traitorous Shar worshippers, he walled off the prosperous trading town and made it into a massive prison, a chaotic hellhole where life is cheap and imprisoned criminals battle over control of the ruined streets. And now something even worse has come to the prison – the Shadowfell, a plane of darkness and despair filled with fell creatures commanded by a mighty empire.
Players will adventure through the twisting streets of Wheloon and climb up to its rooftops to explore the town from a completely different perspective. They’ll investigate hidden corners and dangerous interiors, and discover new creatures and treasure through Wheloon’s Random Encounter system. And through a serious of quests they will begin to unravel the secrets of the Shadowfell Conspiracy.
For more information on Shadowfell Conspiracy, the next expansion to Dungeons & Dragons Online, please visit http://www.ddo.com/en/shadowfell/
Tolero Explains Wheloon in the Latest DDO Community Video!
Join Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com), TC (aka Ecgric from Premium perspective) and Jerry (Cordovan from Turbine) as we talk about the Update 18, some of the latest bugs, and the Shadowfell Conspiracy Pre-Order X-Pack. We also go over the release notes, and then break down the cost per value of the pre-order value options. We also have a bit of community news. DDOgamer news, and mail from the lightning post.
- BUG: Spell Power, Critical chance and spell critical damage Not Working!
- Invisibility is now fixed! Hooray! stunned/held mobs are sliding around again! DOH!
- Temporary Quest Closure: The End of the Road
- BUG: Spinner of Shadows literally bugs out!
- Pre-Order Shadowfell Conspiracy
- Sorcs Cry: Shiradi Double Rainbow Power Changed
- Dev Tracker is Back!
- New Dev Diary: Iconic Heros
- May 23rd Forum Updates + Apology Gift
- Web Based DDO Bug Reporting Tool: ddobugs.turbine.com
- “The following subscription(s) already have the features…” workaround (Shadowfell)
- Update 18: Disciples of Shadow Release Notes
- Shamgar’s Shadowfell Conspiracy Expantion By the Numbers
Join Sig & Anne as they walk-through the latest update for Dungeons and Dragons Online! Many thanks to our favorite Turbine Crew: Producer Athena, Producer Glin and Tolero for introducing to the new update!
Disciples of Shar – Deep in the murky foothills of the Storm Horn Mountains, fierce wolves and mountain lions roam with hungry abandon. You must search a network of sullen caves hiding the Shar cultists responsible for terrorizing the people of Eveningstar, but Shar cultists, priestesses, and even an Owl Bear stands between you and the truth of events in Wheloon city. Free to all players!
Escape Plan – A river barge full of prisoners from Eveningstar is being transported to Wheloon Prison, and a high priority target is among them. You have been hired to guard the river barge as it floats downstream, but prepare yourself for any danger as rumors of this high priority prisoner is sure to have reached ears not currently aboard the barge. Free to all players!
Shadow of a Doubt – Players who pre-purchase Shadowfell Conspiracy will gain immediate access to the first expansion quest! Inside the safety of Wheloon Dock, the magistrate interrogates Shar clerics for information regarding their suspected plot. Skilled adventurers might have more luck than the magistrate, but the very shadows conspire against any who might bend the prisoner too far. Will you spare the guilty and innocent alike within Wheloon, or does justice have no place in a city swimming in shadow?
New Icon Character: Bladeforge
Bladeforged – forged anew, a shining beacon of your kind. A powerful, offense focusd Paladin, transformed by the Lord fo Blades inthe fires of the Creation Forge. The Lord of Blades spoke. New life coursed through your wood-and-metal frame. There in the Creation Forge you had become bright, glorious and true.
Glamered Armor – The cosmetic armor system has been completely revamped to use a cosmetic appearance equipment slot! Slot cosmetic armor enchanted with the Glamer spell to change the appearance of any equipped armor. Cosmetic armor, also known as Glamered Clothing, has one type of visual appearance and can be applied for all classes, races and gender – except Warforged in most cases. Just be careful and watch out for beholders!
Skill tomes – Permanently increase one of your character’s skills with a tome! You select the skill you want to increase once in game by activating the Tome, where at you’ll be presented with a list of possible skills to increase. You cannot select Use Magic Device – UMD tomes are available separately. Bonuses from tomes persist through reincarnation.
Healing Elixirs – Collectors in Stormreach now have powerful new healing potions for sale! These Elixirs of Healing provide a large instant burst of healing, followed by a heal-over-time effect that continues to heal for ten seconds. Elixirs of Healing function equally well on living creatures, constructs, and undead who use them. Yes Warforged and Pale Masters, that means you too.