Posts tagged ‘Dungeons and Dragons Online’
Sig, Anne & Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) talk about the 48+ hour down time for DDO servers, the latest news on from the DDO community. Sig and Anne talk about their Turbine Tour with Update 17. And from Shamgar, we have the latest Epic Education on Lord of Blades: Pillars of the Forge
For more info visit our website http://www.ddocast.com/
DDOcast Preview Tour: Update 17 Return to Giantold
- Extended DDO & LOTRO Downtime – Compensation for Downtime
- Shamgar’s Notes on Epic Education #25 Lord of Blades Raid
- DDOGamer.com – Universal Currancy
- DDO Suggestion: Crafting Stash
- D&D: Cutter Comic book mini-series co-authored by R.A. Salvatore
- Help support our trip to GenCon! Buy Anne’s Stuff at StannexMart.com or at Ebay
Join Sig, Anne, and Geoff (from http://www.ddogamer.com/) as we skip the Super Bowl to talk about the latest news in DDO, DDOcast and DDOgamer.com land! We also have a DDO Top Ten segment by Reebus the Rogue and several DDO community news items. We even take a short dip into our mail bag!
- Massively Previews Update 17
- Ten Ton Hammer Previews Update 17
- Game Banshee calls MOTU RPG expansion/DLC of the year
- DDO Store News
- Latest Lamannia Updates!
- Ron’s Character planner updated with levels 21-25
- Shamgar has building blocks 23 up on myddo
- YourDDO.com Update’s their Monster Manual
- DDM’s Realm: Demonweb Wilderness Area Map & Walkthrough & Guide
- Gygax Magazine Now on Sale
- D&D Classics on PDF! Basic/Expert, 1st Ed to 4th Ed
- Help support our trip to GenCon! Buy Anne’s Stuff at StannexMart.com or at Ebay
Contact Us! Questions, comments, rants, raves! We also love DDO segments!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-707-DDO-CAST (1-707-336-2278)
- Submit a Segment!
Sig and Anne along with Geoff from http://www.DDOgamer.com/ talk about the latest DDO News, some of the new Epic Dragon armor changes, reviews of reviews of DDO, some interesting general MMO and quite a bit of general gaming news.
- The Dryad Grove: Defenseless and Dryad Grove challenge is temporary closed
- “Epic Tokens” name changed to “Tokens of the Twelve”
- ddodestiny.info now can be shared!
- Phedra is kicking off an artistic look at D&D classes on his my.ddo blog!
- DDO Chronicle 29
- DDO Store Sales
- From B/E to 4th Ed: D&D books, modules and adventures now available on PDF.
- DDOGamer.com Articles
- Hasbro Layoffs: 4Q Earnings Fall Short
- Atari U.S. Goes Bankrupt to escape French Parent Company
- MMOGrinder Reviews DDO
Sig & Anne with Geoff of http://www.ddogamer.com/ talk about Augment System, Lamannia Update 17 release notes – which include topics such as new raid, the epic version of Giant Hold, and changes to item properties such as Cursespewing and Vorpal. We also have another installment of Epic Education with Shamgar featuring the Lord of Blades raid. Bonus: we review D&D slot machines.
- Lamannia Release Notes for Update 17
- Sneak Peak: Augment System
- DDO Store Sales: Determine Your Discount
- Satureon’s DDO True AC Calculator
- Shamegar’s Building Blocks 22: Mic Techniques 5
- DDO Chronicle Issue #28
- DDO Desktop Calenders
- Marshila Rockwell’s DDO Books on Audio
- D&D Slot Machines: D&D Crystal Caverns
Sig & Anne with Geoff Hanna (from http://www.ddogamer.com/) and Patrick aka “Shamgar” from Epic Education (http://my.ddo.com/pjstechie/) go over the latest DDO news, we speculate about Update 17, goodies found in the new Midwinter Festival mini-game. We even have time to dive into the Lightning Post mailbag to help a player on how to splash Arcane Archer in their divine caster builds.
NOTE: sorry about some of the quality, Sig’s connection was really slow and so he sounds like he’s being sucked out of the Matrix in some parts!
- DDO HOTFIX! Server Downtime on Monday, Jan 14th @ 7am-10am Eastern Time
- DDO BUG: Not enough Dodge?
- Update 17 Sneak Peak: Augment Slots
- Midwinter Games Crunchy Bits
- DDOGamer.com: Not Safe For Worms!
- DDOGamer.com: In a Way, Ever Raid is Epic
- DDO fan Philippe Samson makes a Tower Defense Mini Game: KAW: Strategy for the iPad
- DDO Chronicle #27
- Tobril’s Wednesday Tutorial Night Raid
- Pyntsized’s Festivult and Risia comedy screenshots
- Pathfinder Online: A Fantasy Sandbox MMO
- DDO Books now on Audio Book: The Shard Axe and Skien of Shadows
Submit a DDO Segment, Fake Commercial, or Funny Skit!
Give us something to say on the air or make a request to join the show as a guest. Or be part of the DDOCast legacy and make us a segment or commercial! Learn how to Send Us a Segment here!
Doublestrike / Doublestike
Doublestrike gives you a percentage change to take an additional attack with your main hand melee weapon. If you have a 6% double strike then you will get a bonus attack roughly 6 out of 100 attacks. It does not impact ranged attacks, spells, off hand attacks, or attacks using special animations (like cleave, trip etc…) It will affect special attacks using standard animations such as smites or ki strikes.
The number of sources of doublestrike is small compared to many other bonuses you can get, but there are still quite a number of them in the game. Stacking rules for doublestrike have never been entirely verified by devs. It seems that differently typed double strike bonuses will stack and same type bonuses will not. Untyped bonuses only stack if they are from a different source, aka a weapon will stack with a feat will stack with an enhancement, but two feat bonuses without types will not stack. If they do not stack then you should get the largest bonus.
You can see your current double strike bonus by hovering over the BAB icon (its red) in the character sheet Stats page.
Types of Doublestrike in DDO
So lets go over the different sources of double strike and group them by what should not stack and order them from largest to smallest
Mystery Shield Bonus – An untyped 4% for using a shield
Competence Bonuses – Fighter Weapon Alacrity capstone (fighter 20) 10%
Sacred Bonuses – Paladin Zeal spell (level 14 pally) 10% (no scrolls, self only, temporary)
Insight Bonus – Monk Windstance 2.5%/5%/7.5%/10% levels 1/6/12/18 respectively
- Shield Mastery / Improved Shield mastery 3%/8% when using a shield
- Timeblade (longsword) 3% / Epic Timeblade 6%
- Hellstroke Great Axe 3% / Epic 6%
- Cutthroat’s Smallblade (shortsword) 3% / 6% with tier 3 upgrades
- Swashbuckler (shield) 3% / 6% with tier 3
- Alchemical Weapon (any) Teir 2 Martial Air 6%
- Antipode, Fist of the Horizon (handwraps) 6%
- Bard Warchanter 2 Inspire Recklessness song 5% (level 12)
- Way of the Sun soul set bonus effect +6% (temporary)
- Epic Spare hand (belt) 3%
Untyped type Class Feats/Enhancements
- Natural Fighting 6% (druid level 9) can be taken up to 3 times for 18% total
- Ranger Tempest 3 (level 18) 5% when wielding two weapons
- Rogue Opportunist feat 3% (level 10)
- Fabricator’s Bracers with Combat Infusion 5% (temporary)
Untyped epic Destinies (seem to stack with non epic sources)
- Sentinel : Legendary Shield Mastery 6% when using a shield
- Legendary Dreadnaught: Lightning Mace 15% bonus after Vorpal strike for 6 seconds
- Grandmaster of Flowers: Hail of Blows 3%
- Grandmaster of Flowers: running with the Wind 3% (in wind stance)
- Shadowdancer: ShadowTraining 4 3% (certain light weapons only, temporary)
So who can have the most double strike?
Druids are king of full time double strike, but shield base builds, monks and two-weapon fighters are in the top ranking for doublestrke efficiency.
- +18 if you take three levels of natural fighting: 18%
- If you use a shield you can get +8 from shield mastery (another two feats) and the +4 base shield bonus giving you 30%
- Legendary shield mastery stacks for another 6% taking you to 36%
- +3 Twist Hail of Blows for
- +18 for natural fighting
- +5 for second tier wind stance
- +3 from Hail of blows, and +3 from Running with the Wind
- +6 from an item for
Each could squeeze in temporary bonuses from Shadowndancer and Combat infusion for a short term max of 47% though it would be quite unreliable to get it and only last seconds.
After the druids you would have shield using fighters and paladins, then non druid wind monks.
Anything you can do that bumps attack speed will also enhance double strike. Monk unarmed and Druid wolf forms both have faster than usual attack animations, Rogues and Fighters can get combat speed boost enhancements (also available in the dreadnaught line).
Ultimate double strike build? Probably a half orc Druid with a splash of rogue and or fighter wielding a shield in wolf form.
Thanks to the DDOWiki and SteeleTrueHeart for their hard work in collecting and testing information about Doublestrike!
This episode Sig and Anne with Geoff (from http://www.ddogamer.com/) go over DDO 2012 in review from Update 13, through Update 14 with MOTU and Update 15, and finally to the current update, Update 16.
We also have a nice Crunchy Bits on Doublestrike in addition our regular DDO game news and community news.
- Midwinter Festival & Risia Ice Games are HERE!
- DDO Chronicle #26
- 10 new DDO wallpapers
- Humorous reflection on Load Screens
- XCOM: Enemy Uknown
- TheLallian’s Map Shop: now includes the King’s Forest
- Cyrprine and The Planewalkers are wishing everyone a happy 2013
- Sig’s Crunchy Bits Lite on DOUBLESTRIKE mechanics
- BUG: Shurikan Expertise Feat broken for those take it
Sig and Anne take time from family holiday break to bring you a bit of Holiday cheer! Visit us at http://www.ddocast.com/
We have segments Epic Education from Shamgar and Dragon Fragments from Luidwig!
Music is by “First Noel” and “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” performed by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Buy their albums on iTunes or on Amazon. More info at http://www.trans-siberian.com/
- Jaggie is hosting the Cookie Foundation contest on Thelanis
- DDM’s realm updated with 200+ new times
- Turbine adds DDO community to G+
- DDOcast Yarking Grounds Community G+
This week Sig & Anne with Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com/) go over the latest Patch and Hot fix for Update 16, U16 Named Loot items, Astral Shards, and more!
- Update 16 Patch 1 Notes
- Hotfix for Update 16 Patch 1
- Stuck Command Increased to once per Hour!
- DDOwiki’s Update 16 Named Items
- Astral Shards
- Shamgar delivers Building blocks 18 as Pjestechie
- Secret World goes Free to Play
Sig and Anne are back from vacation! Anguilla was great, Sun, Surf, And real underwater combat! Sig took a few points of light damage but mostly survived his encounter with the great burning sky orb. Happy to be home in the dark and wet kingdom of Seattle.
Sig & Anne with Geoff (www.ddogamer.com) we’ve got our usually bout of DDO news, chat about Update 16, and ponder the mysteries of the universe.
- Disappearing Glaciation Traits
- Shifting into Walls Bug
- Scoobmx’s Weapon Damage Tool
- NCSoft Layoffs in Seattle
- PAX EAST 2013 on March 22-24, 2013 in Boston, MA
- Gygax Magazine by Luke Gygax (Gary’s Son) and the new TSR
Join Sig and Anne with Geoff (www.ddogamer.com) as we talk about some of the latest DDO news, game bugs, community news, Update 16, Mabar Fest and then wonder why DDO doesn’t have a Fernia Fire Fest. We even have some interesting news on WB-Turbine’s latest new hires and layoffs.
In segments department, we have Luidwig’s Dragon Frags, who by the way is holding a contest if you listen to his segment and figure out what songhe’s referencing in his latest performance poetry, you could winone of 4 vanity pets! Just email your answer to email@example.com.
This episode’s featured D&D music is by M IS FOR MAGICMISSILE by Mary Crowell; a singer/songwriter and piano teacher who loves playingDungeons & Dragons on both sides of the GM’s screen.Acolytes of the Machine is her second solo album and is a love letter to the hobbyof Dungeons & Dragons! You can buy her latest album Acolytes of the Machine& Other Gaming Stories and other albums at http://www.MagnusRetail.com
- Update 16 Adventure Pack Goes on Sale on November 12th!
- Mabar Fest is Live but not without Bugs
- Welcome New Master of Lamannia: SqueekOfDoom
- Server Maint Scheduled Downtime: Monday, Nov 12
- Guild Renown Changes
- Druid’s Deep Quest Bugs
- Missing Pets Return!
- Hey did you know WB-Turbine has a Toll Free SupportNumber? 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)
- DDO StoreNews
- PJestechie’s Episode 23 of Epic Education
- DDOPuzzle Solver for iPhone & Android updated
- GreatDDO Fan Art
- DDO now has aPinterest page
- MMORPG.com look at Update 16 with Tolero and ProducerGlin
- Thelanis Thursdays LIVES!
- Game Politics: WB-Turbine Hires & Layoffs
- LOTRO Mac Client now goes to LIVE Beta
Sig and Anne go over the latest DDO news from Turbine and the community. We also dig deep into our mailbag and answer questions. We’ve even got some Crunchy Bits on Banking XP.
- CSIStormreach asks “What would you ASK Ed Greenwood?”
- Nuryam’s physical defenses blog post on MYDDO
- Cubilce Ninja’s DDO Web Apps
- Cubicle Ninja’s Puzzle Solver: iOS | Android
- Cubicle Ninja’s Cannith Crafting: iOS | Android
- Official Book of DDO records
- Tolero and Cordovan did another live G+ Hangout
- Shamgar / PJestechie MyDDO blog post on TOD #5
- Geoff Hanna (Jeff Hanna) explores PVP at his Blog, DDOGamer.com
- AngryMog is releasing “Let’s Play” videos called “One Man and His Dog!”
- Latest DDO Chronicle
- Anne’s shameless plug: Bid on gaming and geektastick goodies at www.StannexMart.com
Tolero has done it again and put together a great video of PAX Prime 2012!
You can subscribe to the official DDO YouTube Channel here!
Update 15 Druid’s Deep Quest Review + Win a Copy of Menace of the Underdark
Join Sig and Anne with special guests Geoff Hanna as they go over the latest DDO news and their review of Update 15’s quests, The Druid’s Deep series. We also talk about our favorite DDO fan sites and gush about GenCon and PAX!
Win a Code Key for Menace of the Underdark!
That’s right we’ve got another MOTU key to give away! Just listen carefully on how you can win!!
LINK for Turbine soon to release on LOTRO on the Mac
LINK to ViDDO #2: DDO update Video
LINK for Geoff Hanna’s DDOGamer.com
LINK for Composer of DDO’s Sound Trac, Chance Thomas’
LINK for DDM’s Realm for DDO
LINK for DDOwiki
LINK for Cubicle Ninja’s DDO Item Search & Cannith Crafting Tool
LINK for Ron’s character planner
LINK to PAX Prime 2012
Dungeons and Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark is now in Open Beta! This means the NDA is off and we can openly talk about the changes coming to DDO! Join us this Saturday as we’ll go over the important points for DDO’s biggest update since launch!
- Next Show: MOTU Open Beta Round Table Talk
- Date: Saturday, June 9, 2012
- Time: 7:00 PM Pacific (10:00 PM Eastern / GMT -4)
- URL: http://www.ddocast.com/hangout/
Don’t forget to circle us if you use G+!
DDOcast is a weekly DDO podcast created by fans for fans! We discuss nearly everything related to Dungeons and Dragons Online – Eberron Unlimited.
Episode 255 is ready! Here’s a LINK to the episode – just left-click to play, right-click and ‘save as’ to download as an mp3. You can find DDOcast on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and Cyberears.com.
In DDOcast 255, we have a light DDO news week, but Sig and Anne talk about the latest DDO community, and answer messages in our Lightning Postbox. Shamgar’s got another Tower of Despair Raid installment on Epic Education. We also got first impressions of D&D Next’s open beta.
Another Menace of the Underdark Code Giveaway!!
We also have another contest for you! Many thanks to Wrenspell of the Dragonknights on Ghallandra, who is our supporting our latest Menace of the Underdark Pre-Order Key Giveaway! Just listen and learn how you can win!
0:02:10 DDO News: Update 13 Patch 3, Bonus Days, DDO Marketplace
0:05:29 Sponser Break
0:08:11 DDOcast MOTU Pre-Order Key Code Giveaway!
0:11:07 Whatcha been up to in DDO?
0:16:57 Shamgar’s Epic Education: Part 3 of Tower of Dispair Raid
0:29:27 DDO Community News: Gencon, YourDDO, Building Blocks
0:37:19 Lightning Post: Healers, Fortification Tips
0:56:19 General Gaming News: D&D Next, GenCon, Origins, Guardians of Middle Earth, Skyrim DLC
TOTAL TIME: 1:09:22
LINK for Turbine unveils the new Turbine Store aka DDO Marketplace
LINK for DDO Update 13 Patch 3 on Monday!
LINK for DDO Store Sales
LINK for Samius and Lessah are hosting a Cocktail hour party at Gencon
LINK for Lego Crystal Cove
LINK for New DDO Fan Site: YourDDO
LINK for Pjstechie’s Building Blocks
LINK for Eberron Chronicle
LINK for Halfing Summer Games of 2012
LINK for WB Game: Guardians of Middle Earth
LINK for D&D Next is in open playtest
We’ll probably do a pre-recorded show for Episode 253. Also no live so for April 28th, that means our next live show will be Saturday, May 5th 2012.
In the mean time, enjoy the latest Dev Sneak Peek video from Turbine:
DDOcast is a weekly DDO podcast created by fans for fans! We discuss nearly everything related to Dungeons and Dragons Online.
Episode 251 is ready! Here’s a LINK to the episode – just left-click to play, right-click and ‘save as’ to download as an mp3. You can find DDOcast on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and Cyberears.com.
Hi Everyone! Join Sig & Anne as they discuss the latest news on MotU, U13 Patch 1, the latest Hotfix, some news from PAX East 2012, and announce the winner of our MOTU Giveaway! We also have a Top Ten from Rheebus the Rogue. No interviews with Turbine yet, but stay tuned! We’ll update this feed with additional notes later!