Posts tagged ‘DDO Community News’
Join Patrick, Propane, and Chris as we talk about the update 20 release and the social aspects of being in a guild!
Want to find us in game? Type “/joinchannel ddocast” and chat in game with other ddocast listeners!
News – 2:05
Guilds – 42:00
WWBD – 1:07:06
Lightning Post – 1:10:42
Closing – 1:17:00
Join Patrick as he brings you the news – just the news mostly. There’s also some mail and an episode of Dragon Fragments!
News – 2:12
Dragon Fragments – 23:40
WWBD – 31:33
Lightning Post – 31:56
Closing – 34:05
Join Patrick as he interviews Producer Glin, Tolero, and Cordovan about changes (and more changes) to reincarnation, xp, dev life, content, gnomes, epic threnal and more! Then stick around for the second hour and the usual (slightly larger amount of) news!
While you are here on our website, check out our calendar, swag, archives and more!
Ask the Devs (Dev Life) – 2:03
Ask the Devs (Reincarnation) – 22:34
Ask the Devs (XP) – 39:25
Ask the Devs (Content & Changes) – 46:49
WWBD – 1:16:37
News – 1:20:44
Lightning Post – 1:58:12
Closing – 2:00:33
Patrick is joined by Geoff and new guest Chris for a host of new player tips and Update 19 Patch 3.
Technical Note: The video version remains unedited however the audio version has been edited to remove most of Geoff’s vocal lag. Show times are for the unedited video version.
Introducing Chris – 1:22
News – 2:34
New Player Tips – 20:37
WWBD – 1:02:14
Lightning Post – 1:05:14
Closing – 1:06:52
Join the DDOCast Kobold Union
DDO Chronicle 64
Update 19 Patch 3 Release Notes
Deadlock’s Sagas Simplified
Shamgar’s Skill Blog
DDOGamer – Collectibles - PVP - Stacking - Favor
A Gathering of Links
Thanksgiving Give Away
Monarch’s New Mentoring Program
Closing Note – Change of plans, no cast this coming week.
Host Patrick is joined by Jerry/Cordovan and Steiner-Davion for a discussion on several changes to the game over the years and some thoughts about where DDO is now and where we hope to see it go. We called it “the State of the Game!”
State of the Game: Changes of the Past – 26:30
State of the Game: Present and Future – 1:15:36
WWBD – 1:26:45
Mail – 1:29:43
Close – 1:33:13
Patrick flies solo for the first time with news about update 19 patch 2, some listener comments/emails, and a lesson on reading a character sheet!
News – 1:15
Character Sheets – 21:05
WWBD – 45:22
Mail – 45:53
Closing – 52:15
Patrick and Sig have an epic hour plus long conversation on the new enhancement system. There’s also the usual game and community news and some talk about PAX! Okay I lied, this week was not shorter…
News – 1:30
PAX Review – 26:30
Enhancements: Classes – 31:30
Enhancements: Races – 1:30:10
Enhancements: Closing – 1:41:40
WWBD – 1:43:57
Lightning Post – 1:48:06
Closing – 1:49:40
Patrick (Shamgar) takes over as host and is joined by Sig for the usual DDO news and a lengthy reading/discussion of update 19 release notes.
- Welcome – 0:00
- News – 2:17
- Round Table: Update 19 – 14:48
- What we’ve been doin – 1:24:40
- Lightning Post – 1:26:27
- Closing: 1:28:26
OMG 300 episodes!!! Join Sig, Anne and Geoff for their final DDOcast as hosts! We play a bit of DDO Jeopardy, listen to some our favorite commercials, another episode of Dragon Fragments, we’re also joined in by Producer Glin and Tolero for a bit of Q&A!
Guild Give-Away Contest
One of our listeners and a good friend in Game is giving away his guild. The Darkstars decided they would Merge with The Madborn of Thelanis and offered their guild to give away for out 300th episode. They have a quality Airship stocked with amenities paid up for a month. They are a level 75 guild currently, though they may decay a it by the time we do the hand over.
- The Darkstars will transfer the guild to one of my characters and I will hand it over to the winner of the contest.
- Your guild will have a clear roster when you get it.
- You need to have a character on the Thelanis server to win
- You are encouraged to change the name of the guild once you have leadership but its not required
- You must compose a Limric or Hiku honoring the brave Darkstars to win
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will select a random winner by August 25th
WTF! where’s 295 and 296? They’re right here! Give’em a listen:
Join Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com/) as we talk about this week’s DDO news, discuss what we’ve seen in the Storm Horns, chit-chat about our adventures in DDO, and talk about our latest RPG obsessions in the table top world: 13th Age and Numenera.
- Role Playing Days on Sarlona
- DDO Login Issue Updates
- DDO Crystal Cove Now Thru Aug 11th
- 13th Age
- Mountain hiking in DDO: Shadowfell Conspiracy’s Stormhorns
- Latest DDO Community video
Hey all! This is a special mid-week episode of DDOcast featuring Patrick – aka Shamgar – of Epic Education. This episode includes several compiled episodes including how to run epic versions of Plane of Night Raid, epic Chronoscope, and a Speed Shroud.
00:00:00 – Intro
00:00:59 – Plane of Night
00:18:57 – Chronoscope
00:57:43 – Speed Shroud
Links to Shamgar’s Epic Education Notes @ Shamgar.ddocast.com
- Epic Education Episode 6 & 7: The Plane of Night Part 1 & Part 2
- Epic Education Episode 8-11: Chronoscope Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 & Part 4
- Epic Education Episode 12: Speed Shroud
This week on DDOcast Sig, Anne and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) talk about the latest lamannia build (well, as much as we can since its in closed beta), the reports about Shadowfell Xpack from other gaming news sites, we also touch on some ddogamer.com news and ddocast news.
- Character Undeletes are Available Again!
- Press Tour Reports for Shadowfell Conspiracy XPack are out!
- Closed Beta continues on Lamannia, you can access here if you have permission
- MMO Reporter Network’s Preview of Shadowfell Xpack
- Help Shamgar in his new reign, read his open letter and answer his survey for some fre Turbine Points!
- DDO Chronicle 53
- Where to find RPG gaming news: ENWorld
Join Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) and Patrick as we go through the latest DDO news. We’ve also got some great segments from Epic Education on Caught on the Web, a Luedwig Bait H’oven Cryptic Message, followed up by Rheebus The Rogue who suddenly stabs like a knife in the dark with a DDO Top 10!
And this is the episode were Sigfried and I announce our departure and pass on DDOcast to its next True Reincarnation life with new host, Patrick Sherman! Not to worry we’ll be around as occasional hosts and to help Patrick out in his new role as DDOcast Host & Producer!
- Servers went down Monday this AM for Update 18 Patch 3
- Guild Renames are now Available Again!
- Lamannia Updated! Check your Emails Shadowfell Conspiracy Beta invites
- Enter DDO’s Shadar Kai Design Contest for your chance to win a custom skinned ORIGIN 800D computer!
- Deadlock’s Enhancement System PDF
- Vanshilar’s guide to the tile “Googles” puzzle in the Accursed Ascension
- DDO Chronicle 52
- Shadowfell Pics at Massively.com
- New Shadowfell Conspiracy Screen Shots Over at Ten Ton Hammer
- 20 Questions with the LOTRO Dev Team
This week on DDOcast Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) go over quite a bit of fun news on the latest update from Lamannia, including the latest Enhancment Revamp pass, stealth system changes, secret door changes, quest repetition changes and more! We also announce our winner of our Shadowfell X-Pack key, share a fun treat created by Geoff and get more tips on running Caught in the Web from Shamgar’s Epic Education.
- DDO Lamannia Update for Second Pass Enhancements
- DDO Quest Repetition Penalty on Lamannia
- DDO Stealth and AI Awareness Changes on Lamannia
- DDO Secret Door Changes on Lamannia
- DDO Store News Through July 4th
- DDOcast News: What Happened to the IRC Channel?
- Keavaa looks at improved Deception in her blog
- DDMsRealm has new walkthroughs for the Disciples of Shadow quests
- DDOgamer’s Spreadsheet of Collectibles in DDO!
Join DDOcast @ GenCon 2013!
- Game ID: ENT1346414
- Title: DDOCast Live Show (A Dungeons & Dragons online Podcast)
- Description: Join Anne, Sigfried, Geoff and friends as we celebrate our passion for DDO, Gaming, and the good things in life. Join in the podcast or just kick back and hang with friends.
- Start Date & Time: Friday at 4:00 PM
- Duration: 2 hours
- End Date & Time: Friday at 6:00 PM
- Location: Embassy Suites-Coronation 1
- LINK: https://www.gencon.com/events/46414
This week Sig, Anne, Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com), and Patrick (Shamgar’s Epic Ed) have a whopping two hours of DDO news, more talk about reincarnation, upcoming XP and enhancement changes, DDOGamer gets into collectibles, we get into reading letters sent in by listeners, DDO community events, and even a bit of good old D&D news.
- DDO Update 18 Patch 2 Release Notes
- Guild renown decay Summer Vacation
- Queset XP Changes Coming Soon! From Turbine Dev PurpleFooz
- Latest Update from Our Favorite QA Guy Major Malphunktion
- Trubine Dev SteelStar Has More on Enhancement changes
- DDO Store Sales thru June 27th
- DDOGamer Digest on DDO Collectible System
- Shamgar’s Heroic Commendations suggestions
- DDO Halfling Summer Games continues on Khyber
- More on DDO Hunger Games PvP event
- The Next Borderlands 2 DLC is like a D&D Campaign with Tiny Tina
- Neverwinter officially Launched on June 20th
- Retro D&D Video Games: Chronicles of Mystara: A faithful re-release, warts and all
- Forbes Interview with Mike Mearls “After A Year Playtesting A New Dungeons & Dragons, What’s Next?”
- The New Dungeons & Dragons Goes To Print In “Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle”
Its the True Reincarnation Episode! Sig, Anne, and Geoff (http://www.ddocast.com) touch a bit on some DDO news and community happenings, but the meat of this podcast is about the latest announcement from Sr. Producer Erik Boyer (aka Producer Glin) on the proposed system for Epic TR, Iconic TR, and Heroic TR. We go over Glin’s announcement and follow up posts in detail, and responses from other Turbine Devs. We also read on player reactions for the new TR system.
This week on DDOcast Sig, Anne and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) talk about the latest DDO news including a great forum post by our favorite DDO QA guy, Maj. Malphunktion, we also talk about some Forgotten Realms lore, tad bit on community news, and then wrap it up with some fun general gaming news.
- Our Fav QA guy, Major Mal, Speaks on Bugs and on new Xpack
- QuarterMasterX Shares a some info
- Correction to the Shadowfell X-pac description
- DDO Store News – Now thru June 13th
- Shadowfell Beta Access
- D&D noobs hate flying cats and owlbears
- Lore Lounge: Wheloon, Shadowfell, Tressyms and Owlbears
- DDOwiki’s list of weapons that use alternate stats
- The Order of Syncletica looks at the Monk Ninja Spy in the current Alpha version of the Enhancement
- Turbine E3 “ShadowOfMordor.com” ?
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Enters the eSports Universe as Turbine and Major League Gaming Partner to Introduce Infinite Crisis to Competitive Gaming
- Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
- Neverwinter Launches on June 20
- Re-Creating AD&D Module Cover Paintings Part 1 Kickstarter
- Cthulhu Wars Kickstarter
Did you cringe when we lampooned beta access in DDOcast 287? Did you find yourself saying, “Well Actually…”? Looks like our little inside joke got some responses and questions. Well folks, here’s your answer!
How does that work? Its programming MAGIC! Just kidding! Well actually, and according to our friend from Premium Perspective, Ecgric, whenever free or premium players get onto the Lamannia server, they only have access to the content that they have purchased. Anyone that has not purchased the expansion by the time turbine starts the beta preview, you may not be able to access the content that comes with the expansion pack even though they will have access to the Lamannia server. So just download the Lamannia client here and get ready for the Shadowfell expansion beta! Here’s all the info you need on how to access Lamannia:
- Download the Lamannia Client (right click and save as)
- Read the Official Lamannia FAQ
- See what’s happening on the Beta server on the Lamannia DDO forums
- Copy over your Live DDO character to Lamannia with the Character Copy Tool
- Learn more about how to Level a lowbie in minutes AND get the gear you need at the Test Dojo
So get ready to enter the treacherous new town of Wheloon, which is overrun by the Shadowfell! Any adventurers that have pre-purchased Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy prior to June 5th will be granted guaranteed beta access to the expansion content, as well as immediate access to the Shadow Of A Doubt quest, set in the brand new area of Wheloon.
When the king of Cormyr discovered that Wheloon was full of traitorous Shar worshippers, he walled off the prosperous trading town and made it into a massive prison, a chaotic hellhole where life is cheap and imprisoned criminals battle over control of the ruined streets. And now something even worse has come to the prison – the Shadowfell, a plane of darkness and despair filled with fell creatures commanded by a mighty empire.
Players will adventure through the twisting streets of Wheloon and climb up to its rooftops to explore the town from a completely different perspective. They’ll investigate hidden corners and dangerous interiors, and discover new creatures and treasure through Wheloon’s Random Encounter system. And through a serious of quests they will begin to unravel the secrets of the Shadowfell Conspiracy.
For more information on Shadowfell Conspiracy, the next expansion to Dungeons & Dragons Online, please visit http://www.ddo.com/en/shadowfell/
Tolero Explains Wheloon in the Latest DDO Community Video!
Hey!! Where is DDOcast 286? Its an audio only cast! featuring an Interview with Shamgar and the first collection of Epic Educations numbers 1 thru 5! Go here to download: http://bit.ly/17u8fL4
In DDOcast 287, Sig, Anne and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com) go over the past week’s worth of DDO news, then we dive deep into the mail bag and answer questions, respond to comments and kibitz over criticisms from DDO players! We also talk about the latest DDO player news from the forums and blogs. Also Shamgar starts in on on Epic Caught in the Web raid with Epic Education #30!
- Update 18 Patch 1 Release Notes
- Post Patch Issues for Some Game Clients
- BUG: Induction Bars and Interruptions
- Tomb of Shadow and other quest effected by Induction Bar Interruption Bug
- Patch 2 for U18 in the Queue
- DDO Store News – Now thru June 6
- DieHardGamerFan.com: “Pre-Ordering ShadowFell is not a Conspiracy (DDO)”
- Raid Review 1: Tempest Spine
- Iconic Characters: Suggested Uses
- Expansion Purchasing Thoughts
- Shadow Conspiracy by the Numbers
- Diablo Clone: Path of Exile
- George Takei is the Broker of Star Peace
- “You have just been given total design authority at Turbine. What Would You do?”
- Spencerian infiltrates Gwylan’s Stand
- Gypsythief has put together a desktop wallpaper based on the Shadowfell Conspiracy
- DDO Chronicle #46