WARNER BROTHERS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND WIZARDS OF THE COAST DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: SHADOWFELL CONSPIRACY™
Next Expansion To Award-Winning MMO
NEEDHAM, MA –– Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast announced today the launch of Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Shadowfell Conspiracy™, the next expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG). Players can purchase and play Shadowfell Conspiracy starting today by visiting http://www.ddo.com/shadowfell
“We’re thrilled to launch Shadowfell Conspiracy, our second major expansion to the game,” said Aaron Campbell, Franchise Director of Dungeons & Dragons Online. “Players can now begin their journey as a high level, Iconic hero in the Forgotten Realms®, and jump directly into new adventures in Wheloon. We’re also looking forward to our players getting their hands on our new Enhancements system, which takes DDO’s industry-leading character customization system to another level.”
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: SHADOWFELL CONSPIRACY FEATURES:
- Two New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs – Featuring gorgeous new wilderness areas packed with new D&D®monsters, dangerous encounters and a host of challenging dungeons.
- Wheloon: Horrors from the Shadowfell pour into Wheloon, a prison city full of irredeemable criminals and traitors to the Crown. In this place, Netherese agents conspire to forge an army out of the Kingdom’s enemies. Masquerade as a traitor to infiltrate the Prison City, fight marauding criminal gangs, and destroy the army before it marches – all the while battling creatures made out of the very shadows.
- Stormhorns: Deep in the Stormhorn Mountains, the Netherese Empire prepares to unleash its secret weapon against the Kingdom of Cormyr. Brave treacherous mountain passes through griffon territory and overcome cunning harpy ambushes. At the peaks of the mighty Stormhorns, overcome an alliance of giants and monstrous creatures – only to have to contend with a terrible Netherese secret weapon.
- Introducing Iconic Heroes – Jump into the action of DDO with these new prestige characters that start in Forgotten Realms at level 15 and feature unique looks and skills. Each of these classic D&D heroes is a paragon of their race and class and features custom iconic gear, appearance options and new abilities to enhance their power.
- Attain Epic level to 28 – Master your destiny and gain new epic feats and spells with three new Epic levels of advancement that let you reach new levels of power.
For more information, please visit http://www.ddo.com/shadowfell
Dungeons & Dragons Online® (DDO) is a free-to-play MMORPG featuring a massive world with state-of-the-art graphics and gameplay. DDO offers an innovative pricing model that allows players to download and play for free, purchasing adventure packs, items, and account services a la carte from the new DDO Store, or to subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the game’s content. Players can download and play DDO for free by visitinghttp://www.ddo.com.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online® , and Asheron’s Call®. For more information on Turbine, its products and services please visit www.turbine.com.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, and KAIJUDO. Wizards is also a publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.
# # #
Dungeons & Dragons Online, Shadowfell Conspiracy, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Forgotten Realms, Kaijudo,Wizards of the Coast, and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions, and are used with permission. Hasbro and its logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HASBRO, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions, and are used with permission. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Turbine, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.