Join Sig & Anne as they walk-through the latest update for Dungeons and Dragons Online! Many thanks to our favorite Turbine Crew: Producer Athena, Producer Glin and Tolero for introducing to the new update!
Disciples of Shar – Deep in the murky foothills of the Storm Horn Mountains, fierce wolves and mountain lions roam with hungry abandon. You must search a network of sullen caves hiding the Shar cultists responsible for terrorizing the people of Eveningstar, but Shar cultists, priestesses, and even an Owl Bear stands between you and the truth of events in Wheloon city. Free to all players!
Escape Plan – A river barge full of prisoners from Eveningstar is being transported to Wheloon Prison, and a high priority target is among them. You have been hired to guard the river barge as it floats downstream, but prepare yourself for any danger as rumors of this high priority prisoner is sure to have reached ears not currently aboard the barge. Free to all players!
Shadow of a Doubt – Players who pre-purchase Shadowfell Conspiracy will gain immediate access to the first expansion quest! Inside the safety of Wheloon Dock, the magistrate interrogates Shar clerics for information regarding their suspected plot. Skilled adventurers might have more luck than the magistrate, but the very shadows conspire against any who might bend the prisoner too far. Will you spare the guilty and innocent alike within Wheloon, or does justice have no place in a city swimming in shadow?
New Icon Character: Bladeforge
Bladeforged – forged anew, a shining beacon of your kind. A powerful, offense focusd Paladin, transformed by the Lord fo Blades inthe fires of the Creation Forge. The Lord of Blades spoke. New life coursed through your wood-and-metal frame. There in the Creation Forge you had become bright, glorious and true.
Glamered Armor – The cosmetic armor system has been completely revamped to use a cosmetic appearance equipment slot! Slot cosmetic armor enchanted with the Glamer spell to change the appearance of any equipped armor. Cosmetic armor, also known as Glamered Clothing, has one type of visual appearance and can be applied for all classes, races and gender – except Warforged in most cases. Just be careful and watch out for beholders!
Skill tomes – Permanently increase one of your character’s skills with a tome! You select the skill you want to increase once in game by activating the Tome, where at you’ll be presented with a list of possible skills to increase. You cannot select Use Magic Device – UMD tomes are available separately. Bonuses from tomes persist through reincarnation.
Healing Elixirs – Collectors in Stormreach now have powerful new healing potions for sale! These Elixirs of Healing provide a large instant burst of healing, followed by a heal-over-time effect that continues to heal for ten seconds. Elixirs of Healing function equally well on living creatures, constructs, and undead who use them. Yes Warforged and Pale Masters, that means you too.
Here’s a press release for the latest x-pack of DDO! Enjoy! -Anne
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: SHADOWFELL CONSPIRACY™ TO LAUNCH AUGUST 19th
Players Can Pre-Purchase Latest Expansion To The Award-Winning MMORPG
NEEDHAM, MA – May 22, 2013 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast announced today Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Shadowfell Conspiracy™, the second expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine, will launch on August 19th, 2013. Shadowfell Conspiracy takes place in the beloved Forgotten Realms® setting, features an increased level cap and introduces new Iconic Heroes and much more.
“We’re excited to share our launch date with the world and introduce the new Iconic Classes system that will be available immediately to anyone that pre-purchases Shadowfell Conspiracy,” said Erik Boyer, Senior Producer of DDO. “We’re also making new Forgotten Realms content that will enable players to create a level 15 character in the Forgotten Realms and play all the way to level cap.”
“Turbine continues to release great content for DDO, and we are thrilled that Dungeons & Dragons fans have another great expansion coming this August,” added Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast.
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: SHADOWFELL CONSPIRACY FEATURES:
- Two New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs — Featuring gorgeous new wilderness areas packed with new D&D® monsters, dangerous encounters and a host of challenging dungeons.
- Wheloon: Horrors from the Shadowfell pour into Wheloon, a prison city full of irredeemable criminals and traitors to the Crown. In this place, Netherese agents conspire to forge an army out of the Kingdom’s enemies. Masquerade as a traitor to infiltrate the Prison City, fight marauding criminal gangs, and destroy the army before it marches – all the while battling creatures made out of the very shadows.
- Stormhorns: Deep in the Stormhorn Mountains, the Netherese Empire prepares to unleash its secret weapon against the Kingdom of Cormyr. Brave treacherous mountain passes through griffon territory and overcome cunning harpy ambushes. At the peaks of the mighty Stormhorns, overcome an alliance of giants and monstrous creatures – only to have to contend with a terrible Netherese secret weapon.
- Introducing Iconic Heroes — Jump into the action of DDO with these new prestige characters that start in Forgotten Realms at level 15 and feature unique looks and skills. Each of these classic D&D heroes is a paragon of their race and class and features custom iconic gear, appearance options and new abilities to enhance their power.
- Attain Epic level to 28 — Master your destiny and gain new epic feats and spells with three new Epic levels of advancement that let you reach new levels of power.
Beginning today, players can take advantage of special pre-purchase offers:
Collector’s Edition: $49.99
Features all Shadowfell Conspiracy content, with all three Iconic Heroes including a pre-purchase exclusive Shadar-kai cosmetic costume, when it launches, plus immediate access to these items, including other pre-purchase exclusives:
- Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero (including additional character slot)- A powerful, offense-focused disciple of the Lord of Blades, Bladeforged Paladins take less damage from slashing weapons and gain a tactical advantage from slashing damage. These devout leaders can repair themselves and fellow constructs. Their stronger Paladin Aura boosts effectiveness of nearby party members.
- Bladeforged Warrior Blue & Gold Cosmetic Costume (A pre-purchase exclusive)
- Bladeforged Warrior Gold Cosmetic Costume (A pre-purchase exclusive)
- Calico Tressym Creature Companion- A frisky, winged cat of your very own! Comes pre-trained with four tricks (A pre-purchase exclusive)
- Tawny Owlbear Creature Companion- Cuddly and ferocious! Comes pre-trained with four tricks. (A pre-purchase exclusive)
- Stormhorn Specs Cosmetic Goggles
- Mountaineers Cosmetic Goggles
- First expansion quest, ‘Shadow of a Doubt’ (Heroic level 15 only)
- 3 Character Slots
- Greater Tome of Epic Learning (1 per server): Permanently increases experience earned by a character in level 20 or above dungeons. Provides +25% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +10% boost to other earned experience points.
- One +2 Skill Tome per character
- 2,000 Turbine Points
Standard Edition: $29.99
Features all Shadowfell Conspiracy content, including the Purple Dragon Knight Iconic Hero, when it launches, plus immediate access to these items, including other pre-purchase exclusives:
- Bladeforged Paladin Iconic Hero (including additional character slot)
- Bladeforged Warrior Gold Cosmetic Costume (A pre-purchase exclusive)
- Stormhorn Specs Cosmetic Goggles
- Calico Tressym Creature Companion (A pre-purchase exclusive)
- First expansion quest: ‘Shadow of a Doubt’
- 1 Character Slot
- Lesser Tome of Epic Learning (1 per server): Permanently increases experience earned by a character in level 20 or above dungeons. Provides +15% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +5% boost to other earned experience points.
- One +1 Skill Tome per character
- 1,000 Turbine Points
For more information, please visit http://www.ddo.com/shadowfell
Dungeons & Dragons Online®(DDO) is a free-to-play MMORPG featuring a massive world with state-of-the-art graphics and gameplay. DDO offers an innovative pricing model that allows players to download and play for free, purchasing adventure packs, items, and account services a la carte from the new DDO Store, or to subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the game’s content. Players can download and play DDO for free by visiting http://www.ddo.com.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online® , and Asheron’s Call®. For more information on Turbine, its products and services please visit www.turbine.com.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards’ players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as MAGIC: THE GATHERING, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, and KAIJUDO. Wizards is also a publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.
# # #
Dungeons & Dragons Online, Shadowfell Conspiracy, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Forgotten Realms, Kaijudo,Wizards of the Coast, and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions, and are used with permission. Hasbro and its logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HASBRO, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions, and are used with permission. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Turbine, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This week Sig, Anne and Geoff (http://www.ddogamer.com/) go over the latest in the DDO Forum Updates and some interesting issues with some DDO services. We also go over the latest happenings for DDOcast and DDOgamer. Followed up by some news from the DDO community, reading up on our Lightning Post mail and then some general geeking out on games and Star Trek!
DDOcast LIVE! GenCon Event Details
- Event Title: DDOCast Live Show
- Event ID: ENT1346414
- Date: Friday, August 16th @ 4pm EDT (GMT -4)
- Location: At the Embassy Suites in Coronation 1
- Notes: Tickets are $2 (the minimum they offered), should be room for 50 people, event Registration opens on May 19, 2013
- Registration Link: https://www.gencon.com/events/46414
- More info at http://www.gencon.com/
- DDO Forum & Website Updates as of May 15th
- Work around to Login Issues for Lamannia after Friday’s Update
- New In-Game Bug Reporting Tool Borked!
- Web Non-in-game Bug Reporting Tool for DDO
- DDO Referrals Tool Not Working, No Lime Jello Cube for you!
- Premium DDO Services are on hold
- DDO Store News
- DDOcast @ GenCon!
- Dungeon Bastard and Worlds Worst Dungeon!
- Shamgar has new Building Blocks for you all
- DDO Cocktail Hour
- DDO Chronicle is BACK!
- Ferd has put together an artistic interpretation of Delera’s Graveyard for his guild!
- The Long Shot interviews Wolfie from the Sacred Flame Guardians on Sarlona
- jjflanigan’s DDO Forum Re-Style!
- Aris teaches how to correct links to the old DDO forums
- Spock vs Spock (aka Zachary Quinto vs. Leonard Nimoy) in “The Challenge”